A GROUP of residents at Vista Real Classica in Old Balara, Quezon City called on 8990 Housing Development Corp. to remove its men from the subdivision and stop harassing homeowners.
In a media statement, Vista Real Classica homeowners said they asked the company to postpone implementing a lower court’s warrant of execution, which might lead to the forced eviction of their families who have lived in the subdivision for more than a decade.
“We ask 8990 Holdings Inc., a publicly-listed company led by Atty. Anthony Vincent Sotto, to stop using the writ of execution and its security personnel from trying to evict the legitimate homeowners of Vista Real Classica who are victims caught in the middle of the land dispute between two big developers, Sta. Lucia Land Inc. and 8990 Holdings,” the homeowners said.
They said that the status quo should be maintained while the case between Sta. Lucia Realty and 8990 Housing Development is pending before the Supreme Court. The residents said that they purchased their property in good faith.
The conflict began when the lawyers of 8990 Housing Development Corp. alerted residents that security personnel will be deployed to enforce the writ of execution issued by the Quezon City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 104 on June 7, 2022.
According to the residents, some 30 non-uniformed men arrived in the area. They constructed temporary shelters and urged maintenance employees to leave the property in August.
The homeowners had previously requested that the Office of the President and the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) revoke Sta. Lucia Land Inc. for the deception.
“We have been victims of fraud, misrepresentation and unsound business practices employed by two publicly listed realty developers, Sta. Lucia Land Inc. and 8990 Holdings Inc., that are trying to take away our homes,” they said.
In a statement, 8990 Housing Development Corp., through its legal counsel, said it will maintain the status quo to ensure that the homeowners can continue to enjoy free access to their residence.
In a brief phone interview with The Manila Times, one of the homeowners said that if the situation worsens and is not resolved, it can drive away investors and scare Filipinos from buying property.