MI Emirates, today announced the signing of five dynamic young players Lorcan Tucker (Ireland), McKenny Clarke (West Indies), Daniel Mousley (England), Thomas Lammonby (England) and Craig Overton (England) who will join the #OneFamily ahead of the inaugural ILT20 season in January.
Reinforcing on Mumbai Indians’ philosophy of identifying, developing and nurturing young talents to unlock their true potential. The MI Emirates will give the players one of the finest platforms to express and explore their capabilities under the experienced players and also compete against some of the best international players.
• Lorcan Tucker, Ireland, 26-year-old batsman wicketkeeper has represented Ireland, Ireland A and Ireland U19s
• McKenny Clarke, West Indies, 19-year-old plays A list cricket and has represented West Indies U19 squad
• Daniel Mousley, a batting all-rounder from England who has represented his country in the U19 team, made his first-class debut in July 2019
• Thomas Lammonby, represented England U19 and has played in T20 leagues around the world
• Craig Overton, the England born bowling all-rounder is one of the fast-bowling twins who was selected in the England’s 2017-18 tour to Australia. He represented England, England U19 and more teams in his career so far.
Congratulations to McKenny Clarke who will be joining the @MIEmirates for the inauguration @ILT20Official seasons#MIEmirates pic.twitter.com/8JzqCNd8qa— Quantum Sport (@QuantumLawSport) December 28, 2022
MI Emirates also recently signed four local UAE players Mohammed Waseem, Basil Hameed, Zahoor Khan and Vriitya Aravind for the much awaited inaugural ILT20 season.
The young guns of MI Emirates will play alongside experienced international players like Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Nicholas Pooran, Imran Tahir and Trent Boult. Furthermore, they will train under the tutelage of Shane Bond (Head Coach), Parthiv Patel (Batting Coach), R Vinay Kumar (Bowling Coach) and James Franklin (Fielding Coach).
MI Emirates led by Kieron Pollard will play their first game on Saturday, 14th January, 7:30 pm
Mumbai Indians owned by Reliance Industries Limited runs the Mumbai Indians franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL). With the recent global expansion of #OneFamily, MI has three T20 teams across three countries – MI Cape Town in SA20 and MI Emirates in International League T20.
Over the last 15 years, Mumbai Indians has emerged as the most consistent cricket franchise maintaining its Number Uno position with seven titles, which includes a record 5 trophies in IPL and two Champions League T20 titles. Brand Finance, a global brand valuation agency recently accorded AA+ brand strength rating to Mumbai Indians. MI has a strong digital presence with over 31 million fans – the much loved #MIPaltan – from across the world. High stakeholders’ trust, brand investment, fan engagement and performance make MI a brand that adds immense value to the global cricketing ecosystem.