Ben Stokes, the dashing captain of the England Test cricket team, set a new example in Test cricket. He broke Brendon McCullum’s record for most sixes in Test cricket and went ahead. Brendon McCullum is currently the coach of the England team.
Ben Stokes scored 31 runs in 33 balls while batting in England’s second innings in the first match of the Test series being played against New Zealand at New Zealand’s Bay Oval, Tauranga ground. 3 fours and 2 sixes also came out. With these 2 fresh sixes, Stokes broke the world record of 107 sixes in Test cricket by former New Zealand Test team player Brendon McCullum. Now the record of hitting the most sixes with 109 sixes is in the name of Ben Stokes.
read this also
Let us know the names of the top 10 batsmen who hit the most sixes in the history of Test cricket –
1. Ben Stokes England, 109 sixes
2. Brendon McCullum New Zealand, 107 sixes
3. Adam Gilchrist, Australia, 103 sixes
4. Chris Gayle West Indies, 98 sixes
5. Jacques Kallis, South Africa, 97 sixes
6. Virender Sehwag, India, 91 sixes
7. Brian Lara, West Indies, 88 sixes
8. Chris Cairns, New Zealand, 87 sixes
9. Vivian Richards, West Indies, 84 sixes
10. a. Flintoff (A. Flintoff), England, 82 sixes