The small but active internet users in the world, the Philippines ranked at Top 4 Country in the World on Time Spent on Social Media according to the report published by Meltwater and socially-led creative agency We Are Social.
In the recent study titled “Digital 2023,” conducted by Meltwater and supported by prominent agencies, the report reveals that Filipinos are avid consumers of vlogs, and video games ranking No. 1 for both platforms.
The Philippines or the Filipino people in general is considered the number 4 country in the world in terms of time spent on social media.
Based on statistics, Filipinos log in 3 hours and 43 minutes on average in terms of social media usage in both mobile phones and desktop. The data also proved that the Filipinos consumption of social media on their daily activities is significantly higher than the global average of 2 hours and 31 minutes.
Aside from the fact that the Philippines ranked higher in terms of social media usage and consumption of video games and vlogs, additionally, 23.4% of Filipino internet users own some form of cryptocurrency compared to the global benchmark of 11.9%, making the Philippines as the third highest country in the world to do so.
Some of the Key Findings Include:
1. 95.8% of Internet users in the Philippines play video games on any device, ranking no. 1 worldwide compared to the global benchmark of 81.9%
2. Filipino gamers spend an average of 1 hour 29 minutes on a game console each day compared to the global average of 1 hour and 14 minutes.
3. The Philippines ranked No. 1 in the world in terms of vlog consumption, ahead of Indonesia at 33% and the global benchmark of 25.5%.
4. Majority of internet users in the Philippines consumed vlogs each week at 55.6%, making them the largest consumer of such content, when compared to other countries.
5. Music streamers in the Philippines is also high at 48.2% each week compared to the 39.1% global average.
6. The Philippines also ranked higher in terms of watching TV content via streaming services (eg Netflix) each month at 97.9% compared to the global benchmark of 90.9%
Here’s the Complete Report from We Are Social: